How do I qualify?
If your student is returning work regularly you may qualify for a payment for supervision, which is provided by the Ministry of Education and administered by us. The payment recognises that you supervise your student’s learning.
To qualify, you must be the supervisor named on your student’s enrolment form and your student must:
- live in New Zealand
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- be enrolled with us as a full-time student
- have been enrolled for at least 10 consecutive weeks during the payment period
- be aged between 5 and 19 years old (21 years old for ORRS students)
- be in contact with their teacher or learning advisor and returning completed course work at least every month, either by post or electronically.
There is no payment for:
- overseas students
- students in groups who have a paid supervisor, eg. attending a Correspondence Unit
- individual students whose supervisor is paid by another agency, such as Group Special Education (GSE)
- fee-paying students.
How are payments made?
Payments are made twice a year by direct credit into your nominated bank account. If all the requirements are met, you will be paid in July for the first half of the year (February to the end of June) and in December for the second half of the year (July to the end of November).
If we haven’t got your bank account details, ring 0800 65 99 88 to request a bank account details form.
How much am I entitled to?
If all the requirements are met, the half-year payments are as follows:
|First child||Second child||Third child||Fourth child|
Payments for the first half of the year will not be made after the end of December of the same year. Payments for the second half of the year will not be made after May in the following year.