- Getting started
- Your teachers
- Programme of learning
- Authentic learning
- NCEA registration
- Earning qualifications
- Your school work
- Returning work
- Clubs and events
- Online learning
- Using the library
- Moving on
- Your region
- Useful links
- Authentic learning toolbox
- Student work and news
- My Te Kura
- Special assessment conditions
- Computer requirements for online learning
- Getting started online
Timatanga - Activity 3
Create a "postcard" about the area where you live. Think about what makes it a special place before you begin.
To help you get started, you could brainstorm your ideas on a sketch or diagram.
For example, you could use these ideas:
Houses on the hills, marae , wharves and ships, your whanau parks, the beach, the layout of the land, your dog, well known local people.
Do this task as one of the following:
- A brief Powerpoint
- A brief video
- A piece of writing describing where you live, include photos, drawings, newspaper cutouts
- A little booklet
- A card
- A collection of images and photos (on the computer or on paper).
Make sure your name and ID is on your work.
If your "postcard" is a computer file name it: timatanga_activity3_yourname
Email or post this activity back to TCS when all tasks are completed.