If your student is returning work regularly you may qualify for a student support payment (previously called 'payment for supervision'), which is provided by the Ministry of Education and administered by us. The payment recognises the support you provide to enable your student to learn at home.
To qualify, you must be the supervisor currently named on your student’s profile and your student must meet all of the following criteria:
- live in New Zealand
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- be enrolled with us as a full-time student
- have been enrolled for at least 10 weeks during the payment period
- be aged between 5 and 19 years old (21 years old for ORRS students)
- be in contact with their teacher or learning advisor and returning completed course work at least every month, either by post or electronically.
There is no payment for:
- young adult students
- overseas students
- students in groups who have a paid supervisor, eg. attending a Te Kura unit
- individual students whose supervisor is paid by another agency, such as Group Special Education (GSE)
- adult students
- fee-paying students.
Payments are made twice a year by direct credit into your nominated bank account. If all the requirements are met, you will be paid in July for the first half of the year (February to the end of June) and in December for the second half of the year (July to the end of November).
The payment will be made to the current supervisor of a student at the time the payment is run. We are unfortunately unable to split any payments if there has been a change in supervisor during the payment period.
If we haven’t got your bank account details, please fill in the bank account details form or call us on 0800 65 99 88.
If all the requirements are met, the half-year payments are as follows:
Payments for the first half of the year will not be made after the end of December of the same year. Payments for the second half of the year will not be made after May in the following year.