If you are studying NCEA courses with us this year and wish to register for externally assessed standards, you will need to submit an NCEA registration.
If you are not sure if you should register, or not sure what standards to register for, ask your subject teacher.
Start your registration here
Externally assessed standards include:
- NCEA and NZ Scholarship exams sat in November/December
- DCAT for Levels 1 and 2 Digital Technologies sat in September
- MCAT for Level 1 Maths AS91027 sat in September
- Portfolio submissions for
- Digital Technologies (Level 3)
- Design and Visual Communications
- Visual Arts
- NZ Scholarship - Music, Physical Education
Important to know
- The deadline to submit your registration is detailed in your NCEA Registration instruction email.
- If you register to sit end of year exams in November/December
- Te Kura must receive online approval from your exam centre school by the same deadline.
- Practice exams must be supervised by a non-family member if you wish to be eligible for derived grades (NCEA exams only). Please complete this form after you have submitted your registration.
- If previously enrolled with another secondary school this year, you must re-register for any externally assessed standards through Te Kura, as your registration through your previous school will have been withdrawn at NZQA.
- You do not need to submit an NCEA registration if you do not wish to register for any externally assessed standards, or your courses do not offer any externally assessed standards. Ask your learning advisor or subject teacher if you are not sure.
- If you are studying at a face to face secondary school as well as Te Kura, your own school will register you for any externally assessed standards for your Te Kura courses.
- If you are enrolling with a tertiary provider mid-year, immediately contact our Qualifications team.
- For information about assessment deadlines, special assessment conditions, appeals and your NZQA student login, please refer to this NCEA assessment information sheet.
If you need help
Freephone | 0800 65 99 88 Option 3
Email | email@example.com