2023 NCEA Registration
NCEA REGISTRATIONS FOR EXTERNALLY ASSESSED STANDARDS HAVE NOW CLOSED FOR 2023
If you need to register for exams, please contact the Quals Team URGENTLY on 0800659988 option 3.
Our online NCEA registration facility will reopen from June 2024 and this is where you will be able to register for externally assessed standards in 2024.
If Te Kura is your only school, our Qualifications Team will email you (From June) with information on what you need to do and when.
If you are studying at a secondary school as well as Te Kura, your main school is responsible for registering you for the externally assessed standards in your Te Kura subject/s.
Externally assessed standards include:
- End of year NCEA and NZ Scholarship exams sat from 6 November to 30 November
- MCAT (Level 1 Maths Common Assessment Task for 91027) sat on 12 September
- DCAT (Digital Technologies Common Assessment Tasks) sat on 18 October
- Portfolio submissions for Design and Visual Communications, Technology, Visual Arts, NZ Scholarship Music, and NZ Scholarship Physical Education
Important to know
- Submit your registration well before the deadline specified in your NCEA registration email.
- If registering for end-of-year exams, you will need to ask a local secondary school if you can sit your exams there. We’ll email who you need to contact after you submit your registration. We’ll also send a link to that school so they can provide their decision via our online facility. Te Kura should have approval from your nominated exam centre school before the deadline specified in your NCEA registration email.
- If registering for the MCAT and/or DCAT
- 25 July is the final date you can register for the MCAT and/or DCAT. Because you can only submit one registration, if you wish to register for any other externally assessed standards, you must include these when registering for the MCAT and/or DCAT.
- Te Kura sets up special venues for these exams and details will be sent to the email address you provide in your registration closer to the exam date.
- NCEA practice exams (sat from 28 August to 1 September) must be supervised by a non-family member if you wish to be eligible for derived grades.
- Supervision may be available at local huinga ako (advisories) - check with your kaimanaaki (learning advisor) for availability in your area.
- Complete this form before mid-day 22 August to identify a non-family member to supervise your NCEA practice exams.
- You do not need to submit a NCEA registration if you do not wish to register for any externally assessed standards, or your courses do not offer any externally assessed standards. Ask your kaimanaaki or subject teacher if you are unsure.
- For information about internal assessment deadlines, special assessment conditions, appeals and your NZQA student login, please refer to this NCEA assessment information sheet.
If you need help